The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Three cheers! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
By way of encouragement and thanks, I thought I'd briefly share my view after 2 days of using the iPhone app.

I've been using the desktop app for several months, but had fallen out of the routine of it. To work effectively with OF, I was having to do a little planning session each morning and print out the day's tasks - on A5 paper to go into my planner. Then, in the office, I'd use and write on that paper copy... to update OF when back home. Not ideal as a routine, and easily dropped out of.

OF for iPhone was one of the attractions of getting the iPhone, but it took me a while to actually buy the app, sign up to Mobileme and get started. Eventually, though....

Two days ago I bought the iPhone app and signed up to Mobileme. Very quickly I had everything set up and was able to start exploring the app.

Yesterday was my first 'live' day, using the iPhone at work to manage the day. It was a dream. Great to be able to enter new projects and tasks. I used flags (for the first time) to set the 'absolutely must do today' tasks, and that gives a very clear focus to your work moment-by-moment.

In the evening I tried GPS/Nearby, and immediately fell in love with it. It works so smoothly and intuitively. Sheer genius.

One development I need, and I know is on the way, is the ability to create repeating actions.

Anyway, no piercing insights here, but one very satisfied new user!

Thanks! Always good to get some positive feedback.