The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

show only next actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

In my library I have several group folders and in each folder I have a project where I work on actions along with a few single-action lists which are more for reference items. How can I get all of my next actions (so the first item from each project only) to show in a perspective or something for an overview? I haven't been able to figure this out. And note...I've read there maybe should be a default next action perspective but I don't seem to have one?

Thanks,

rc

So, you want the next actions from the projects, but not the next actions from the single-action lists?

Expand all your folders, then go through and cmd-click on all of your projects in the sidebar. Save as a perspective that restores the selection and just shows next actions. You'll need to update it if you add more projects, of course. If you'd like to see these tasks in context view, after selecting the projects, click the Focus button in the toolbar, then switch to context view and make your perspective (which will also need to restore focus as well as selection).

You could also try marking your single-action lists as dropped; you won't see the actions when choosing next actions, but you can still look at them. No matter what you do there's going to be an element of clunkiness as you are trying to put non-actionable items in your database of actionable items...

This helps very much thanks!