The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > AppleScripting Omni Apps
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Color & Applescript Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Glad we were able to find something that works.

As for a universal AppleScript dictionary, I fear that would end up being a lowest common denominator result, if for no other reason than the presence of any AppleScript support is not something which can be expected. I don't know that having different ways of implementing similar actions is as much of a problem as not having any way to do it, like we encountered here :-)

I'm off to file another feature request for AppleScript access to the selection...you should, too! Help->Send Feedback...

I am glad we (you) found a solution too! I know that it might not seem like it is that big of a hassle to change color the normal way but when you do it 200+ times a day, the time saved by having a simple shortcut key really adds up. I am really grateful for the help.

I will definitely be sending feedback for AppleScript access to the selection. Thanks again.

Yes you are right, but good try.

Nice to see this kind of thread.