The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

multiple projects with staff resources Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I don't mean this as sarcastic or anything, I own and love omnifocus, that's why I'm evaluating omniplan (hoping to easily export projects milestone outlines + revisions to clients) but... People out there only working on a single project at a time? Personally, I don't... and I'm not sure I understand the point of a program like this without multi project support. I'm trying to test it out with with task groups as projects but I haven't had much luck so far...

It would certainly make the product more useful if it could track resources across project files...

Maybe some enterprising young web shop could get a license to knock together a simple server app if Omni is dragging their feet... They could maybe sell the server to the list of folks who are already asking for it in this forum to defray their costs.

Dear Omni-Folks,

first of all my congratulations to your product - keep on to develop such clear and straight software.
Nevertheless I totally agree with other members, that omniplan needs the possibility to handle multiple projects sharing resources - thats reality.

In my opionion this is not only a fancy "feature" but for you as a company a unique selling proposition.

What are your plans for this in the future?

Regards
Norbert

Please add me to the long list of requests for this. It really is a must.

Even if we essentially would be running one huge project and you only showed us views of unconnected groups that were now re-defined as projects it would be very useful.

(Of course, also desperate for OmniFocus integration, but that is a different thread.)

Votes added for everybody! :-)

Me please ! Please add me. I won't be able to survive without this omniplan handling multi-projects.

Me too please!

One way to implement this would be to allow the saving of different filters, perhaps a la the Perspectives feature of OmniFocus. Set up a different Perspective for each Group (sub-project), and just click an icon for that Perspective to see just that (sub)project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
One way to implement this would be to allow the saving of different filters, perhaps a la the Perspectives feature of OmniFocus. Set up a different Perspective for each Group (sub-project), and just click an icon for that Perspective to see just that (sub)project.
santra - this is essentially what I was thinking when I commented above.

One important, additional point is that I'd like to make sure we could export all the information from that perspective (but not from the other sub-project) as if it were its own project. That is critical for sharing only the relevant information with members of that sub-project.

Please could you let us know when multiple project views will be available? Thanks.