The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniGraffle is driving me crazy! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm attempting to make a simple org chart showing work flow processes.

I create the boxes and place them where I want them to be and all is well.

Once I draw a connecting line OG rearranges everything on my screen to where it wants them. The only way I have been able to get what I want is to lock the boxes before starting with the connecting lines.

Either I have some setting wrong or the program is possessed by something evil.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

You've got automatic layout turned on. Open the Canvas inspector (command-3), click on the Diagram layout tab (should be the rightmost one), uncheck the Automatic layout box. Some document templates have it turned on by default, others don't. The ones for drawing things like org charts and other hierarchically structured documents have it on.

Thanks!

I thought it was some setting but had no idea which or where it was.

Bye for now