The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Simple Text Copying Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi,

I'm writing a rather long document in OmniOutliner. I would like to be able to copy various passages of it using command-C and paste them into a simple TextEdit document.

When I copy one paragraph/row at a time, the text transfer works exactly as I'd like it to -- I get just the text, no formatting, no indents, no bullets, etc.

But when I select multiple paragraphs/rows in OmniOutliner, hit command-C and then paste into Text edit, I get semi-formatted text. The lines of text are broken, there's a dash ("-") for a bullet, and the paragraph is indented, all to preserve the outline look.

Is there a way to copy multiple paragraphs/rows without also copying this formatting? Or perhaps there's a way to export just certain levels of the outline as plain text?

Thanks!