The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Enormous image embedded invisibly in file somewhere Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Made an interesting discovery when I opened a PDF (generated from OG) in OG. Far outside the page margins was an enormous image that I didn't know was in the document. It's definitely not visible anywhere in the .graffle file or the exported PDF. But it's probably adding at least 1MB to my file sizes.

Any idea how I can track it down in OG and delete it?

francois

How about locating it in the Canvas: Selection inspector:

That sounds like it should work, but I don't see it. When I open the PDF in OG, the image sits in the off-canvas area above the first canvas, so that's where I started looking. I flipped through all 60 canvases in the document, and still didn't see it in the Selection palette. It's not on any hidden layer either.

Well, if you save as a file package, you can right-click on the file, "Show package contents", and then delete the offending image in the Finder as well.