The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I sort or re-order the list of contexts? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When assigning a context to a task, it would be a great time saver to pick from a list of contexts in alphabetical order. (Most of my contexts are names of other persons.)

How can I sort the list of contexts or re-order it?

Thank you.

Go into the context view and tap the > button to get all of the contexts listed in the sidebar. Tap the Edit button at the top, then use the drag handles to arrange your contexts as desired. Tap the Done button to finish.

Thanks for that. I suppose I missed it because the Edit button is outside the sidebar and near similarly white-on-black controls that only affect the list of actions. This app is small enough that I should probably "click everything and see what happens" to explore.

I would suggest an additional careful reading of the documentation now that you have logged some time with the program. In my opinion, some of the documentation accurately describes the program, but does not necessarily make it clear the full extent of some of the features when read the first time, and I think the documentation for the Edit button falls into this category.

As I recall, earlier versions had a separate Edit button for the sidebar until they were combined — anyone who used that version naturally understands how the current one works, including the person(s) who wrote and reviewed the documentation. You can feel better about not spotting the right way to do this operation in this case, as looking at the documentation, I see that it still describes the old method! I'll file a bug report on that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph.Escobar View Post
Thanks for that. I suppose I missed it because the Edit button is outside the sidebar and near similarly white-on-black controls that only affect the list of actions. This app is small enough that I should probably "click everything and see what happens" to explore.
And need to be in landscape orientation. Won't work in portrait. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kknorpp001 View Post
And need to be in landscape orientation. Won't work in portrait.
That's pretty standard - as an example, Apple's Mail app works similarly. To rearrange your mailboxes, you have to be in landscape mode. In portrait mode, you can select/delete messages, but there's no way to rearrange the containers those messages go into. (Or even to see them, really.)