The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Alternative application icon Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was replacing a bunch of my icons via Candybar with some great iphone-style icons I found on IconFactory called 'Flurry' (links below).

There were icons for all sorts of apps I already had like Coda, Textmate, etc. But none for Omnifocus. Heck, they even had one for Things!

The iPhone icon for the OF iPhone app is cool, but it wouldn't stand out right on my Mac, so I decided to just make one. I've attached a preview png, and you can download the .icns file from drop.io here ( was over limit for the forum ):

http://drop.io/sbo3ifh/asset/omnifocus-icns-zip

Note: This is 1st draft stuff, and I'm not a designer, but I think it came out alright.

Flurry System Icons
Flurry Extras
Flurry Extras 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	omnifocus_icon_512.png
Views:	725
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	1275  

i like it! one request though, if i may. have another icon without the shadow around it. that way if a person who has a jailbroken iphone wanted to change their app icon, it will look stock with the rest.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

I think there might have been a little misunderstanding in my post. This is not a replacement iPhone icon for the Omnifocus iPhone app.

This is an iPhone-like icon for the Mac Desktop version of Omnifocus.

Regardless, removing the shadow is trivial, so I've done just that, and made a new .icns file for you to use however you want. Preview is also attached.

http://drop.io/f2qrsdw
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	of_icon_noshadow_512.png
Views:	673
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1276  

thanks for the updated icon! i had to tweak the size a bit, but it looks great. when i switched from things to omnifocus, i was bummed because i like the things iphone app icon better, but now it looks awesome. i realize that you had initially meant this to be a mac replacement, but i saw the potential for the iphone, which is why I asked for a version without the shadow.

No problem. I plan on releasing a series of these for all the Omnigroup apps that I have... which I think is all of them.

Keep an eye out for that... I just have to decide where to post it.