The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Best way to purge data Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a bunch of duplicates and junk in my omnifocus. This is mostly because I didn't clean house when I imported (3 different documents) from Kinkless GTD and because I've been experamenting a lot.

What is the best way to just purge everything and start from scratch?

To truly start from ground zero, the best way would probably be to delete the OmniFocus folder in your Library/Application Support folder. This will wipe out everything except for your preferences.

If you want something a little less scorched earth, it could be more difficult. It would probably be easiest to delete all of the projects (make sure the filter settings are set to show all, not just active projects), and contexts. You might still have some orphan tasks without project or context assignment, though, and anything that may have been archived. As yet, there isn't any way to view the archives, so those will be there out of reach.

Disclaimer: I'm no expert.

I just grabbed everything and deleted it when I decided to switch from testing with projects named things like "Test" and "Test 2" and other really creative names to actually entering all my GTD stuff and using the program every day (now I'm hooked - this alpha is like free crack - now I'm going to HAVE to pony up and buy it).

Took like, 27 seconds.