The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Syncing Perspectives does not work - sort of... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Good morning/evening!

In my ongoing effort to use Omnifocus more effectivly, I just stumbled over something:

I created two perspectives, which synced perfectly to the iPhone. My next (third) perspective does not, also every new perspective I create.

Huh?

Thanks for help

W:

Are the missing perspectives perhaps Project (or Planning) mode perspectives? Those aren't supported on the iPhone/iPod/iPad, only Context mode based perspectives at the moment...and there is no error or warning message, it just won't appear to have synced.

Bingo. They are, indeed.

Thanks for helping out.

@Omni: Will there be synced perspectives in Planning mode?

Wolfgang

I'm also very curious about Project based perspectives. Will there be support for them anytime soon?

The project perspectives are a core part of how I use OmniFocus. OF (for iPhone) without them is (to me) nothing more than an easy way to get tasks into OF when I'm on the move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlson View Post
I'm also very curious about Project based perspectives. Will there be support for them anytime soon?

The project perspectives are a core part of how I use OmniFocus. OF (for iPhone) without them is (to me) nothing more than an easy way to get tasks into OF when I'm on the move.
While I am a big fan of Contexts, I do find myself looking at my actions from the perspective of Projects (that would change if I could have multiple Contexts per action, but that is probably a different discussion).

Not having Project based Perspectives sync to my iPhone takes away a layer of functionality I am used to on the Mac, so adding this functionality to the iPhone will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Two thumbs up for this option, I was freaking crazy wondering why the project based perspective were not syncing, lol, OF Team please make this available

Hi,

I am bumping this thread up. I would like to see Planning Mode Perspectives synced to iPad/iPhone.

Is this a planned feature?

Thank you.

It's one of the things on our to-do list; if you'd like to make sure your request gets recorded, you can send email to the support ninjas. Thanks!

(Here's a post that explains why email is preferable.)