The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I keep losing clipping capability Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is the second time it's happened. I lose the ability to clip emails or web pages to omnifocus. Last time I tried closing and reopening OmniFocus, no change. When I hit the hotkey, I can see the menu selection flash as if something is about to happen, but nothing does. If I manually select app/services/send to omnifocus inbox, nothing happens.

Last time I had to restart the computer to restore this capability. Anyone else seeing this behavior? I'm on the latest version of Lion and the latest version of Omnifocus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmathes View Post
This is the second time it's happened. I lose the ability to clip emails or web pages to omnifocus. Last time I tried closing and reopening OmniFocus, no change. When I hit the hotkey, I can see the menu selection flash as if something is about to happen, but nothing does. If I manually select app/services/send to omnifocus inbox, nothing happens.

Last time I had to restart the computer to restore this capability. Anyone else seeing this behavior? I'm on the latest version of Lion and the latest version of Omnifocus.
In fact, yes. It's happened to me with Lion (10.7.2 and later releases).

Also, for whatever reason, my previous clipping shortcut (I think it was command-.) no longer works as OF disallows it because there's a conflict. Of course, it doesn't tell me WHAT it conflicts with, and in searching OS X services, I can't find it anywhere. Argh.

But I set up a new shortcut, and it works sometimes. It's no longer reliable, so I use LaunchBar and "send to Launchbar" which works. With the benefit that because I have LaunchBar set to always copy to clipboard as plain text, I no longer get styled text in my notes, which is what I want. I'd love a setting to copy to notes as plain text, but OF has no such thing >:-(

Just rebooted. Clipping is back and functional again. Something is broken here. I'll email the support ninjas.

How do you use LaunchBar to convert an email to an omnifocus task? I've got LaunchBar, one of my must-have apps. I know how to send something I find via Launchbar to another app, but I don't know how to use LB to take the currently selected email and send it to OmniFocus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmathes View Post
Just rebooted. Clipping is back and functional again. Something is broken here. I'll email the support ninjas.

How do you use LaunchBar to convert an email to an omnifocus task? I've got LaunchBar, one of my must-have apps. I know how to send something I find via Launchbar to another app, but I don't know how to use LB to take the currently selected email and send it to OmniFocus.
You need to use instant send. So you either use whatever key you have set up for instant send (single option is the default), or you can use your standard LB shortcut and hold it (i.e. command-space and hold space for a bit). Then once it's grabbed the text, type your omnifocus shortcut and there should be a "send to OmniFocus" service option. Select that, and the OF quick window will come up, with a link and your selected text in the note, and the selected text in the title as well (selected). Type a key and you'll type over whatever's in the title.

Awesome, thank you!

I've never used instant send before and I've been using LaunchBar for a couple of years now. That worked really well. Not as clean as the built in clipping service, but when that craps out on me this will let me continue to function until I choose to reboot at a more convenient time.

Thanks!