The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Two questions about OO for a new user. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Howdy all,

I just got OO, and I'm using it for taking notes at Law School. I have three questions that are stumping me right now.

1. I want to link cases into my class notes. Thus, a case might be called Chicago v. Dempsey. Is there any way to link this in, but have the actual link just say Chicago? Effectively have a link that isn't the file name, but an alias for the file name.

2. I'd like to set up a template for briefing cases. To do this I'd like to have a level 1 row called definitions. Within this row I'd like all the level 2 rows to be in bold, but not the level two rows throughout the rest of the doc. Right now I can either make the entire doc of level 2 rows bold, or just a single one. This doesn't help me for the template.

3. Can I link a word in the doc to another place? I'd like to link words to their definitions further down the doc.

Thanks a ton mates, I'm sure I'll have more. I really like this app, and will definitely keep using it.

Mark

Last edited by Target1; 2006-09-21 at 06:51 AM..

I've already figured out number 1. Very easy. I didn't realize that you don't create an alias, but a whole new doc within the doc. Thus, I can just change the name without altering the original.

Mark

Well, I've now figured out my second question. In case others are wondering, you can use the 'style view' option to set styles for al the children of a given level. That just leaves my last question. I knew the other two would have answers, but I'm unsure of Omnioutliners ability on this one.

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target1
3. Can I link a word in the doc to another place? I'd like to link words to their definitions further down the doc.
Hi Mark-

This isn't currently possible. It's something we'd like to add in the future though.

--
Derek M.
Support Ninja
The Omni Group