The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keyboard shortcuts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As per my post regarding predeccors and succesors I was wondering whether it is possible to assign keyboard short cuts or change the mapping as Omniplan is not very friendly for entering large plans I think...

I like the TAB to move from field to field for a task in the Gantt chart as it selects the field contents and thus will overwrite when you are typing....But unfortunately when the TAB is enabled to do that it can't be used for Indenting (grouping) tasks.....It would be nice if something like Shift+Alt+rightarrow was for indent and Shift+Alt+leftarror for outdent...

Currently I have only been able to figure out doing that via a context menu on one position on the task...This is irritating when you have a big plan to plan...Rather keep my 10 fingers on the keyboard....

Any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejongj
I like the TAB to move from field to field for a task in the Gantt chart as it selects the field contents and thus will overwrite when you are typing....But unfortunately when the TAB is enabled to do that it can't be used for Indenting (grouping) tasks.....It would be nice if something like Shift+Alt+rightarrow was for indent and Shift+Alt+leftarror for outdent...
If you prefer to have the TAB key move from field to field, then you can press CMD+[ to outdent and CMD+] to indent. Would this work for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwong
If you prefer to have the TAB key move from field to field, then you can press CMD+[ to outdent and CMD+] to indent. Would this work for you?
Brilliant! That works for me!