The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can I automate printing to PDF? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
My goal is to find an easy way to automate printing a web page to PDF to a specific application. I can obviously do that manually by selecting File/Print or cmd-P, click on the PDF button and then scroll down to the selection I want, but I'm doing this multiple times a day and I'd like to automate it.

I did have it setup to be done via iKey by hitting cmd P, and then the dialogue box was keyboard navigable by hitting tab or arrow to move from field to field but that’s no longer the case for some reason, so that macro no longer works. The only way I can find to select the pdf button on the print dialogue is with the mouse.

Is this something that could be done with AppleScript? I know nothing about scripting, but this seems like it should be simple.

And if it makes a difference, I'm trying to print the PDF to the application Together, a very cool info management app I'm now using instead of DevonThink Pro for much of my archiving.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be much obliged.