The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Requested Features Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Let me start by saying I love OmniGraffle! The only reason I am requesting more features is because I use it so much. I also use OmniFocus and OmniPlan.

I have 2 feature recommendations:

1. DIY Templates.
I use Pages and Numbers for word processing and spreadsheets and I definitely take advantage of the make your own templates features. I would love to see this implemented in OmniGraffle. Right now, I have to save a copy of my "template" and then just open and save a copy as... every time. I would be nice to take these steps out of the process.

2.... I totally forgot in the time it took me to register...

Also, could there be a checkmark stencil? I heart checkmarks.

Thanks for making an awesome product!

Best Regards,

Lauren Kuhlman
Principal FileMaker Developer
Lux Advising

http://www.luxadvising.com

I remembered! I use the Edit > Insert Variable > Current Date in my footer. I create massive software specs with documents from numbers, page and omnigraffle all meshed together with the combine PDF function in Automater. I have all my templates for things like User Interface Logic (OmniGraffle), Schema (OmniGraffle), Event Planning (Numbers) and User Requirements (Pages), set to have the same header/footer. However, the current date function in numbers/pages looks different than the current date function in OmniGraffle. Pages/Numbers give you options but none of them match. Could you allow for options for the date variable appearance?

You can format the date variable using syntax similar to the following:

<%date %Y - %m - %d %H:%M %>

Which would give you:

2008 - 11 - 17 16:00

You can find out more date formatting at Apple's developer page.

I have a template chooser in OG 5.x Pro -- maybe it's a Pro feature, but it is there. To make new templates, I go to File --> New Resource --> New template

--Morgan

Custom templates (beyond the single base template) is indeed a Pro feature.

They are handy - and something I don't use enough.