The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Suggestion re: Omni website Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've used Omni Graffle 2.1 on and off since I got a free copy (included with some early PowerBook, I'm guessing).

Lately, I've browsed your site re Outliner and Graffle.
I wish the info on OG were more direct: more like for Outliner.
For Outliner I could readily find a comparison chart of features to help me figure if I might want Pro or Standard OO.

For OG... not so much.

I think that it should be as easy to find the button for a feature-comparison as it is to find button for "Purchase Pro", etc.

I think in general that your web design (for such complex summary pages on each product) might really benefit from some usability studies.

Till then, I'm...
—still pondering whether/what to purchase.

[PS: I cared enough to register just to give you this feedback.

There's a feature chart for OmniGraffle in the same corresponding place as for OmniOutliner. Go to the OmniGraffle product page and click on Feature Chart and you'll get a chart showing which features are found in both versions, and which are only found in the Pro version. If you click the Professional link to the left of the Feature Chart link, you'll see descriptions of all of those Pro-only features, with illustrations and even some video clips. If you download the OmniGraffle manual, you can see even more documentation of the Pro only features by searching for "[Pro feature]" as you read. The only difference I see comparing the OmniOutliner and OmniGraffle product pages is that the OmniGraffle Feature Chart doesn't include descriptions of the features beyond their names, but that information is provided on the Professional page, and there are almost 3x as many Pro-only features in OG Pro as in OO Pro, so that chart might be a bit unwieldy if they had included lengthier descriptions.

Reading about it isn't really going to give you the answer, though; just download the Pro version for your 14 day trial and play with it. Try out the Pro features and see if they feel like something you need to have. The cost to upgrade to v5 and then to v5 Pro is the same as upgrading to v5 Pro directly, so you can go to v5 without spending all the money at once without any penalty if you later decide you want the Pro version.