The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb Demo User Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm a new OmniWeb user (on 2nd day of demo trial) and so far I'm enjoying the experience, however, I'm having problems with both the tabs and links.

Tabs - Is there a way to open a link in another tab without jumping over to the new tab right away? For example, I will be viewing a site that has a link to something I want to view after I'm done reading the current page, whenever I go to open the link, OmniWeb automatically jumps to that page immediately. I then have to scroll up and down the tab sidebar/drawer (if I have multiple tabs open) to find the tab I was in. I really just want the tab to open without me noticing it until I'm ready for it. In short, is there a way to open links in a new tab without ever leaving the current page?

Links - I have come across a few sites where the links do not work in OmniWeb but they work in other browsers. Is there a way to solve this problem?

Press command as you click a link to have it open in the Background (or select the option from the contextual menu). Note, you can change the behaviour for this in the Tab & Window Preferences if you would prefer that just clicking a link did this by default:

Without posting the sites where links do not work in OmniWeb, it isn't possible to help out with them. Can you provide some examples.

Thanks for the quick reply JKT! You've solved my tabbing problem - I needed to select background tabbing (didn't know what that was until now).

As for my linking issues - I think I may have solved the problem by reading the audio/visual link discussion. Although my links weren't audio/visual, they did appear as pop-ups for OmniWeb so I needed to modify the ad-blocking settings.

I feel so silly for these petty questions but I wanted to give the browser a fair chance at my money. Don't want to write it off too quickly.