The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Local Notifications Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi. Why is OmniFocus for iPhone still not using Local Notifications? I shouldn't have to open the app itself just to get the icon badge on there.

Thanks.

OmniFocus actually does use Local Notifications for other purposes (eg displaying the location and due alerts). We haven't used it to update the badge count because that's a more complicated calculation than just adding 1 to the badge. We should revisit that however, and see if we can provide something more accurate than we have now. (The badge count will always be somewhat inaccurate until you launch the app and let it sync, so it can find out about the actions you've added/changed elsewhere.)

Thanks, I understand. Please do revisit this, then. This is a constant annoyance for me that unless you swipe the notification, I can forget that something was due. I'm not constantly in the app.

I've seen certain apps, possible only Apple's, using a red solid dot as a badge, as opposed to having a number in it. Could that be a good compromise for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken.w View Post
Thanks, I understand. Please do revisit this, then. This is a constant annoyance for me that unless you swipe the notification, I can forget that something was due. I'm not constantly in the app.

I've seen certain apps, possible only Apple's, using a red solid dot as a badge, as opposed to having a number in it. Could that be a good compromise for this?
But again, the badge number is inaccurate.

Why don't you use notifications and notification center for this? It already works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
But again, the badge number is inaccurate.

Why don't you use notifications and notification center for this? It already works.
Yes, but the badge I'm talking about doesn't have a number. Notifications go away and out of mind. The Notification Center has to manually be opened. The badge is sitting there constantly, telling you you have something to take care of.