The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniPlan Release Plan Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi
I just want to know when I can expect OmniPlan 2,
and what feature's I can expect.

(Will new feature's come in the version 1 Branch ?)

Can OmniGroup have a $1 = 1 vote type scenario?
Pay per Vote :D.
Can the Public view the Feature Request Database ?

Thanks
Karl

There's a few other threads that cover most of this, but...

OmniPlan 2 will be some time in the future, but even we don't know when, so any date I gave you would be meaningless. We tend to pick the features we want to add, work on them until we're satisfied, and then release it. And we don't have a finalized list of features until we're about ready to release.

There will probably be some small new features before version 2, but we don't have concrete plans here either.

You could vote indirectly for improvements by buying more OmniApps, so we can hire more engineers. :D

We don't make our feature request database public, largely because the effort to make a web interface for it would take time away from developing our apps, which is what you really want anyhow.

I just have to write this sentence:

Omni's not planning to release future OmniPlan release plans at present. But boy do we have plans for 2.0.

One reason we can't make our database public is that it includes confidential information from our adoring fans (and archenemies too, I suppose). We don't have the time and infrastructure to pick and choose what can be made public.

-Tom