The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Unable to Synchronize" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've started playing with the possibilities of synching OF with iCal, and today I tried to mark a To Do item in iCal as 'completed', and I may have altered some text, just to see what would happen when I next synched.

I got the " Unable to Synchronize" alert and was presented with a split screen of both versions of the To Do action.

I didn;t know what to do at that point, so I tried again and got the same alerts but no split screen.

Then I went back to the iCal To Do item and saw that the 'completed' checkbox was unchecked, so I checked it again and synched - got the same alert, and now the item has vanished from both iCal AND OF!

clearly I'm stumbling in the dark and would welcome some coaching -

especially re how to be able to synch again!

peter

Peter, I'm moving your post into the forum on OmniFocus <--> iCal sync; if you take a look at the "resetting iCal sync" thread in this forum, it'll help you reset everything.

If you're still having trouble with this, contact the support ninjas and they can help. The portion of Mac OS X that we talk to when syncing with iCal can be kind of cantankerous sometimes.

the message you've referred me to relates to .mac, which I don't use.
I'll contact the ninjas

peter

OmniFocus talks to the same software whether you have .Mac involved or not.