The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating Options Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know when/if there will be an update to the repeating option? I have tasks that are due on certain days of the week, but weekday options aren't available yet. Has there been any news regarding this? Other than that minor repeating issue, this app works perfectly for me. But at the moment, I end up with duplicate task names so I can get them to repeat when I need them to (one task for Tuesday repeated weekly, one task for Friday repeated weekly to get the Tuesday/Friday idea).

Thoughts?

I do this quite a bit, though I put the day of the week in the task name, such as

"Make William's snack and lunch (Tuesday)"

which helps keep them straight. I also put on a start date so that it won't show up at times when I won't be working on it. For your Tuesday/Friday case, I might do something like a Monday start date/Tuesday due date and a Thursday start date/Friday due date for the respective tasks.

While I agree that it is a bit more of a nuisance to set up, one advantage to this scheme is that it may give you a better picture of your upcoming obligations. With your T/F example, you could see looking a week ahead that you had two such tasks in the pipeline, whereas if the implementation stayed the same as it is now and merely gave you the ability to say the task repeats on Tuesday and Friday, you would only be able to see the next one.

I haven't heard anything about a schedule for implementing more built-in options like this for either the desktop or the iPhone app. As always, send in your OmniFocus for iPhone feature requests with Send Feedback on the settings page so they are officially noted.

Thank you. That actually helps a lot. I never thought to name them more specific to when I'm doing them. It was always rather confusing to see two of the same task in my Due Soon list (I have it set to 4 days).

I sent an email for this feature request. I just wasn't sure if there were any updates on when it would come out. I guess a lot of people have requested it, from what they've told me.