The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How do "local notifications" work? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
If this is correct then it should be possible to implement automatically updated badges kind of using the same technology that lets an app send notifications...
The due tasks in OmniFocus use local notifications and could update the badge. The badge counts could still get out of date due to unsynced changes, of course (much like the App Store update count badge gets out of date), but it would be an improvement.

Sadly, that code hasn't written itself yet… It's on our list, just not to the top yet. (Responding to any due notification activates the app and updates its badge, so it seemed like there were more pressing concerns for us to be addressing right now. But if this would be helpful in your workflow, please let us know!)

For my workflow it would be an improvement since I a in a hurry most of the time due to my legal letters not writing themselves either (maybe we should team up and find a way to make those tasks for harder). With the arrival of notifications center it would not be too important though, at least for due items. As for due soon, those might be a different story. I understand that only due items get pushed into notifications center, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
I understand that only due items get pushed into notifications center, right?
At the moment, yes. We have a feature request open on Due Soon - I'll attach you. Thanks!

Grand, thanks :)