The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus for Mac 1.9 approved! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Anyone know if there are any benefits to using Omni Sync Server instead of iDisk sync?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Omni traditionally gives you about 60-70% of the price you paid for any previous version toward the new version.
I hope this will count Mac App Store purchases as well.

Quote:
Anyone know if there are any benefits to using Omni Sync Server instead of iDisk sync?
I found the Omni server to be faster than syncing to iDisk.

Quote:
I hope this will count Mac App Store purchases as well.
Only if Apple changes its procedure so that discounts/upgrades can be offered through the app store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
I found the Omni server to be faster than syncing to iDisk.
That's what I was hoping for.

Is someone able to point me to some info on why the menu bar behaviour has changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry View Post
Is someone able to point me to some info on why the menu bar behaviour has changed?
Here's a link to a post where I describe the thinking behind this change.

Hope this helps!

Brian, that post describes why the badges changed, but it doesn't touch on why it was decided to go from showing contexts to perspectives in the menu bar (or control-clicking on the dock icon).

Ah, right!

Contexts are a long list of things that you might potentially be interested in, but Perspectives are a shorter list of things that customers have explicitly said "hey, I'm interested in seeing these things frequently".

Rather than wade through a billion and a half contexts to find the one you might want, we now show you a shorter list with more frequently-useful options. (And one of those choices - the "Contexts" perspective - shows you everything the menu did previously.)

I can turn off the inbox count in the sidebar but not the other counts. I'm using the following:

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus OverDueBadge none
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus DueSoonBadge none
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus AvailableBadge none

Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong?

Whpalmer4, thanks for the detailed information on hiding badges! I will try it.