The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

do you guys ever communicate? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Love the apps, not so sure about the communication! It's all a bit 'apple' for me - i.e. way too quiet, even when you suggest in your auto-response emails that you aim to respond within a day. I've not had a single human response to any of my emails or forum posts in well over a week.

What's going on?

A company in turmoil???

Prior to the release of OmniFocus for the iPhone, I found that my emails generally did get answered within a day. I think the sudden addition of 10,000 or so new customers, coupled with the unique challenges that the App Store and iPhone environment have provided, overwhelmed them, and they are only starting to claw their way back. If you aren't emailing them to get help with a bug that is keeping you from working, you've probably been put at a lower priority level, but I doubt a choice has been made to ignore anything.

We've hired multiple new support people in recent days and are making better progress on the backlog. I promise you that we're unhappy that we've been unable to be more responsive.

As for the forums, they are intended primarily as a community resource, rather than an official support mechanism. The support team mostly stays pretty focused on working through the support emails. Some of us employees try to participate in the forums, but it's difficult to track threads, we've all got other responsibilities, and I, for instance, often don't feel like I have authoritative answers to many of the questions.

I wish I had a more satisfying answer, but for the moment I can only assure you that we take the support task very seriously, and we are working very hard to improve the situation.

thanks. i appreciate the update here and your recent emails.