The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

3 Issues with Inspector in Beta 8 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
These existed before, but this is the first chance I have had to note them:
  1. Not possible to resize the inspector dialog - in the horizontal dimension. It works fine vertically. You can resize the columns in the different views, but not the overall size and if you have long task names this is necessary.
  2. It would be nice to show the assigned resources when looking at the prerequisite and task views.
  3. There is a bug where if looking at a milestone sometimes one does not see the prerequisites. If you click on the single dependent task and then back on the previous you then see the dependencies.

1. I've added your notes to that feature request in our database.
2. I'm not sure I understand where you want to resources. If you want to see data from multiple inspector tabs at once, you can command-click on the tabs to show or hide them, while keeping the current one visible as well.
3. Simple attempts to reproduce this have failed; could you be more specific about this issue?

Thanks for the tip about cmd click to see multiple inspectors. That is helpful. But the function does not seem to work. I have attached a pictures to illustrate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 3.png
Views:	461
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	120  

Oh, I think I misunderstood.
I thought you wanted the task assignments inspector available at the same time as the other task inspectors. Now I think I understand that what you really want is the resource info inspector to show information about the resource(s) assigned to the task being inspected. That's not possible now, and would be a bit complicated to implement, but I will submit the request.