The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can Bonjour Sync Between Two Computers & iPhone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a home computer & a work computer.

Has anyone set up Bonjour to sync between iPhone and two computers? I imagine this would work by the iPhone syncing to the first computer, I bring the iphone to the second computer, and the iPhone syncs to that computer.

Something tells me only mobile me could handle that, it seems like the database would need to be someplace other than either of the two computers .

SpiralOcean, for our Bonjour syncing you need to choose a master server, which must be a computer (vs an iPhone/iPod touch). Then you can sync any number of clients to that server.

I'm guessing that's not what you want (I suspect that you want the phone to be the master); if that's correct, then I'm afraid the answer is that that is not supported, sorry.

Thanks Andrew.

I'm using MobileMe right now, it can be a bit slow and I was tinkering with the thought of trying out the Bonjour to see if that sped things up. I love having OF on two computers and on the iPhone. Looks like I'll stick with the MobileMe for now.

I am using Bonjour with iPhone and 2 macs works awesome. OF just does it

I'm on the brink of purchasing a macbook air. right now i use OF on my iphone and imac. does OF now sync with multiple computers without having to use a USB? I've been searching, but I think the information I'm finding is dated and may not apply to current OF software.

Oh, and I'm syncing with mobileme.

I sync three desktops with MobileMe, works like a charm. You just want to make sure that every day or two you get all of them in sync at the same time, or your database will tend to grow larger than it needs to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keb152 View Post
I'm on the brink of purchasing a macbook air. right now i use OF on my iphone and imac. does OF now sync with multiple computers without having to use a USB? I've been searching, but I think the information I'm finding is dated and may not apply to current OF software.

Oh, and I'm syncing with mobileme.
OF does not sync using a USB cable.
It only syncs through a networked connection. This is usually done through wireless or ethernet.

I am working with 5 computers and 3 iPhones and syncing through MobileMe and it just works. My task go up to 350 items and they sync in les than 5 seconds.

I am completely sold for this piece of software.

I too have been trying to sync a home Mini with a school laptop via the iPhone. To be able to do this would be a great feature.

Even if the iPhone isn't able to support all of the features, it would be great if it could carry a copy of the complete db file to overwrite the copy on whichever machine it was "sync"-ing to.

I am assuming I can sync laptop to the Mini by designating one as the server - in this case the Mini?

Thanks.

Regards,
rm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
SpiralOcean, for our Bonjour syncing you need to choose a master server, which must be a computer (vs an iPhone/iPod touch). Then you can sync any number of clients to that server.

I'm guessing that's not what you want (I suspect that you want the phone to be the master); if that's correct, then I'm afraid the answer is that that is not supported, sorry.