The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync tries to overwrite database 1x/day [A: that's extremely unusual. Contact support.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm using Omnifocus 1.10.4 for Mac on two Macs running snow leopard. Both are set up to use Omni Sync service. "Show Clients" shows that they both have synced. But, I have a problem.

The last sync from this Mac failed. I got a message asking whether I wanted to overwrite my local copy, or to not sync. This seems to happen quite frequently: about once per day. What could be causing these intermittent failures, and why is there not a "retry" option?

Sorry for the trouble, ianeiloart! There isn't a "Retry" button because that error message doesn't mean "I wasn't able to reach the sync server" - it means "I looked at the database on the sync server, and it doesn't appear to have any history in common with the database on the device".

Having that happen once a day is extremely unusual - off the top of my head, I would think that some sort of external process must be messing with one of the databases in order for that to happen so regularly.

The best thing to do here is going to be to contact our support folks via email so we can investigate this with you.

Ah, that could be Pomodorable Task Management Syncing. I'll switch it off.