The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clearing Style, same style for several actions/projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Folks, two semi-related issues:

1. I'm unable to "Clear Style" on several items. No matter how often I select the menu item, the current style remains and isn't reset to some default.

2. I have the same style for several unrelated items. So far, changing the style on one of these changes them for all:

* Inbox
* Stalled Project names
* non-next-action items on some projects
* Pending project names
* On Hold project names
* Dropped project names

I want to get back to the out-of-the-box formatting for everything, and then adjust things from there. The current scheme is nearly unusable since it's impossible to tell what I'm affecting.

This is under 96680. Filed as feedback.

Have you tried closing OmniFocus and editing the preferences files directly to delete the style entries? (Not for the faint of heart, but it would probably get you back to the defaults. I think Ken posted details on how to do this a couple of months back.)

Curt

I did eventually delete the *Style entries using Property List Editor, but that's not a sustainable solution for non-programmers.

Upon doing that, though, I discovered that changing one style still changes multiple other styles, or I'm not understanding what a particular change actually affects.

I'm looking forward to a style editor that lists all the things that can be changed.

jasong: Right now, it's intentional that changing one item changes all the others of the same type. I suspect we'll make styling more flexible in a future version (2.0?). Probably in the direction of OmniOutliner, but perhaps not as complex.

Sorry, Lizard, perhaps I wasn't clear. It's not that if you change one action, all actions change; that's expected and welcome. It's if you change Inbox items, On Hold projects change.

That's not how it used to be, and surely not the expectation.

It looks like this got broken when we normalized/fixed some of the other styling code. This allowed inbox items to get the due soon/overdue/group/completed styles applied, but broken having the inbox items (as a whole) look different from actions.

I've logged <bug://44318> on this problem. Not sure if this will make the cutoff for 1.0, but it seems likely to follow soon after 1.0 if not in 1.0 directly.

I'm sure looking forward to writing the styling preferences... =)