The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

parallel/sequential makes no difference Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
is it me or does switching between these two modes make no difference? i had the same problem in the beta for a while. I think it should grey out the actions after the first one until the first one is done but instead it just has the first action highlighted purple as a next action just as it is with parallel. Is this a known problem or working as intended?

That doesn't sound like the intended behavior, and it's not how OF is working on my machine. Here, the first task is purple, but next actions are gray in sequential mode and black in parallel mode (which makes sense to me).

Maybe you've made changes to your styles? What happens if you select the next action in sequential mode and choose "Clear Style" from the Format menu?

ah you're right. i didn't even see the change in colour when i changed modes. i just assumed they'd be impossible to tick to further differentiate them from parallel mode... it's working fine.

it's a bit weird though, there's a lot of stuff like this in OF that makes it more open but less satisfying to use. like how when you complete all the actions in the project the project isn't completed too like (I think) it used to be. I can see why they did that (it's not necessarily completed just because the actions are) but it doesn't feel quite satisfying actually right clicking and choosing 'completed' on the project. Am I making any sense to anyone about this?