The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.5.3 for iPhone is now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Want to hear what we're working on next? Look for @omnifocus on twitter!

Here are some of the changes in the 1.5.3 update:
  • Fixed a crash which happened on iPhone OS 3.1 when leaving the Nearby screen.
  • Added a setting for whether the app badge counts flagged actions.
  • Updated support for viewing attached Microsoft Office documents to work with iPhone OS 3.0.
  • Fixed a bug where OmniFocus would continue to generate the OmniFocus Reminder calendar even after reminders had been turned off.
  • Fixed the crash when pressing the Reset Database button in the Settings screen.
  • OmniFocus will no longer report an out-of-date error about not being able to find a Bonjour sync server.
  • Improved syncing performance by reducing the amount of sync history (zip files) required to keep multiple systems synchronized.
  • Fixed a bug where syncing a change to reactivate a folder wouldn't always update the derived state of its child folders and projects.
  • Fixed a bug where OmniFocus wouldn't always detect conflicts between incompatible sync databases.

Highlights of OmniFocus 1.5 - 1.5.2:
  • Added calendar-based notifications for those who are syncing via MobileMe or WebDAV. (These are time-based rather than push-based, so they'll work when offline and don't require the Mac app.)
  • The default due time is now 5pm rather than the beginning of the day.
  • OmniFocus now displays nearby contexts using a map. Touch a pin to see all the tasks in the corresponding context.
  • You can Cut, Copy, and Paste entire actions by holding down a checkbox in an action list. You can paste into an empty list by holding the "No Actions" text.
  • You can search through all your projects and actions using the new Search screen.
  • In Projects and Contexts screens, you can select All Actions to show a grouped list of all actions.
  • You can set up repeating actions and projects using the new Repeat screen.
  • Action lists now display each action's due date.
  • Web links in notes now open inside OmniFocus (rather than launching Safari).
  • Added settings for whether the app badge counts overdue actions, due soon actions, both, or neither.
  • When selecting a start or due date, you can now tap multiple times on the Day, Week, and Month buttons to increment the date further.
  • Copying an action now places its task XML, its title (as text), and its omnifocus: link on the pasteboard. You can now paste a link from one task into the notes of another task, then click on the link to switch over to the linked item.
  • Added calendar-based notifications for those who are syncing via MobileMe or WebDAV. (These are time-based rather than push-based, so they'll work when offline and don't require the Mac app or a notification service.)

Note: Before updating, we recommend that you either synchronize your data with MobileMe or a WebDAV server (even if you're not using OmniFocus for Mac), or that you have a current backup of your iPhone data in iTunes. (That way you won't lose any data if your update is accidentally interrupted!)

Not seeing it in store yet .. searched OF and 1.5.2 is still there ..

All that shows is 1.5.2. And, although I've updated to 1.5.2 several times (I was already using it to begin with), it's still showing the badge on the app store icon as if I need to download it. I even deleted omnifocus from my computer and then downloaded again. Still there's a badge. Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: I just checked and I am running version 1.5.3. Why does the app store keep telling me to update?

Last edited by keb152; 2009-09-15 at 03:47 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by keb152 View Post
All that shows is 1.5.2. And, although I've updated to 1.5.2 several times (I was already using it to begin with), it's still showing the badge on the app store icon as if I need to download it. I even deleted omnifocus from my computer and then downloaded again. Still there's a badge. Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: I just checked and I am running version 1.5.3. Why does the app store keep telling me to update?
The App Store's download servers update immediately when they post a new version of an app, but it sometimes takes a while for the catalog servers to catch up (and there are multiple catalog servers, which don't all update at once). During that period of time, if you check the version in the App Store it will tell you about the old version (in this case, 1.5.2), but if you download the app you'll actually get the new version (1.5.3).

Since the App Store catalog says the current version is 1.5.2, it will suggest that your 1.5.3 copy is out of date because the version numbers don't match. (The app store doesn't check which version is most recent, it just checks whether your installed version is different from its "current" version.)

If in doubt, the best way to check whether you've got 1.5.3 installed is to go to the Settings screen and scroll all the way to the bottom where you'll see the version number and build date.

Neither iTunes on my Mac nor the App Store on my iPhone can find 1.5.3. The app still indicates it's 1.5.2 (as I expect since I know it didn't update itself).

Are you saying if you "re-buy" it, you will get 1.5.3 even though I see 1.5.2 in the app store and iTunes doesn't think my 1.5.2 OmniFocus needs updated?

I'll probably wait until later today to see if the App Store gets it figured out before trying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave256 View Post
Are you saying if you "re-buy" it, you will get 1.5.3 even though I see 1.5.2 in the app store and iTunes doesn't think my 1.5.2 OmniFocus needs updated?
Yes, that's how I updated my copy last night. I deleted the app from my iPhone, selected 'Buy' from the app store on the iPhone, and re-downloaded the app. Once you select 'Buy', you'll be informed that you have already purchased this app and that the download is free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave256 View Post
Yes, if you download a fresh copy for whatever reason (first-time buyer, updating from 1.5.1, or delete and reinstall) you'll get 1.5.3 right now. But I was just explaining what is happening and why; it usually doesn't take too long for the catalog servers to catch up, and it's reasonable to simply wait for that to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
Yes, that's how I updated my copy last night. I deleted the app from my iPhone, selected 'Buy' from the app store on the iPhone, and re-downloaded the app. Once you select 'Buy', you'll be informed that you have already purchased this app and that the download is free.
If anyone decides to try Greg's approach, please make sure you've synchronized or backed up all your data first: when you delete the app, you're also deleting your entire database of tasks (and all your preference settings).

It did finally show up in iTunes. I understand this was Apple's issue, not OmniGroup's issue.

Thanks,
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
If anyone decides to try Greg's approach, please make sure you've synchronized or backed up all your data first: when you delete the app, you're also deleting your entire database of tasks (and all your preference settings).
If you have access to iTunes on your Mac (or Windows, but I haven't tried it), you can "re-buy" an app without deleting the current version from your iPhone or from iTunes. Just navigate to the OmniFocus page in the iTunes App Store and click the "BUY APP" button. As long as you've already purchased OmniFocus for iPhone, it'll download the latest version for free. Then just sync it to your iPhone. This is exactly what I did as soon as Ken announced the update -- worked perfectly.

-Dennis