The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Crash on start up Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am using omnifocus 1.8 on a mac pro 8 core 10.6.4
since yesterday omni focus crashes every time i try to open it.

I've tried to open a back up, delete preferences, re install and I have flushed out my cache/repaired permissions on the hard drive ect...

I can confirm that it works fine on another user account.

I dont remember installing any new plugins or applications on my computer that may have caused this.

The big question is: what's going on and can anyone help?

I'm using a trial at the moment of the mac version I'm a user of the iphone and ipad versions. I wanted to try this out finally. but I cant see myself buying if i cant get it to work. really appreciate any help I receive.

Last edited by DavidMansaray; 2010-09-28 at 02:24 AM..

Help > Send Feedback
(from the application menu) is the quickest route to authoritative technical help.
(especially with something as unusual as this).

the thing is i'm unable to get to the menu because it crashes as soon as its launched

http://www.omnigroup.com/support

gives phone numbers and and email address

It might help to open Console.app in the /Applications/Utilities folder, select the All messages log and then launch OmniFocus. What is reported in the log at the time of the launch and crash?