The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trigger and Checklists Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

I'm just wondering how people are handling trigger lists and checklists. The things that are not tasks but lists to refer for instance a travel checklist. In kGTD I had a separate section for these and in iGTD I used the archive.

Thanks

I'm using OmniOutliner for these. I'm looking forward to OF including linking to files so I can more easily associate files with projects/tasks. Maybe I'll write a script to handle OO-OF linking...

I have several checklists (and massive party lists) in O. Outliner. [Plus one in a different application, because I need several checkboxes per item.]

Once OF supports links, I'll use this feature to link to my outside lists. So:

P: Family Vacation Prep
T: Print 3 copies of packing list <link>
T: Go over packing list with Kid 1

or:

P: Kid 2's 7th birthday party
T: make new copy of last year's planner <link>
T: set up this year's planner <link>
T: talk to Kid 2 about guest list, theme, food

--Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizPf
I have several checklists (and massive party lists) in O. Outliner. [Plus one in a different application, because I need several checkboxes per item.]
Liz,

Going a bit off-topic here, but ...

You can add additional Checkbox columns to OO documents if you need multiple checkboxes per item. (Not to question your choice of apps, just to point out the alternative in case you weren't aware of it.)

Cheers,

Curt

That's great. Separate OO file for trigger lists.

Would love to have these all contained in the one application though.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
You can add additional Checkbox columns to OO documents if you need multiple checkboxes per item. (Not to question your choice of apps, just to point out the alternative in case you weren't aware of it.)
Thanks, Curt! I didn't know this.

And Leanda, I prefer smaller linked apps to one massive do-it-all package. Just my preference, but I'm perfectly happy if OF and OO talk nicely to each other.

--Liz

I have just been putting quick lists into the notes field for the task. I just put a little asterisks in front of each line item. It is clear, simple, takes a few seconds to add/edit, and doesn't require supporting applications to brainstorm between.