The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Duplicating sequence of actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a sequence of multiple actions that sometimes I wish to repeat with a single key-stroke under new projects.

When I've Copied the multiple actions and then pasted them into another project with a single Paste command, they all together fill in a single action. "Children" formatting is lost, too. As is the Context for each of those actions.

Ideally, I'd love to be able to have that sequence of multiple actions loaded onto a Memory Key. Or, a Command+Option+Letter combination.

A perfect solution would entail setting the Due Date of the first of those multiple actions and OmniFocus automatically setting the date of each of the following actions based on number of days preset.

For example, Action 2 would be set to follow Action 1 by 10 days. Action 3 would be set to follow Action 2 by 30 days. And, so on down the line.

After pasting in the sequence under a new project, I'd manually set the Due Date for Action 1, and OmniFocus would fill-in the Due Dates for each subsequent action.

If I wanted to modify those automatically set dates, I could do so.

Anyone have a simple way to do this using OmniFocus (and not AppleScript, which I know nothing about)?

Thank you.

They only become a single action if you are in edit mode on an item. Press escape, or click the item's bullet to get out of edit mode before pasting.