The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

File open error Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm still using Omni Graffle 4, although I tried the trial version of 5.

When I try to open many of my Omni Graffle documents, I get the error: The document “<filename>.graffle” could not be opened. Conversion of string failed. The string is empty.

This error happened in the trial of 5, as well as my registered version of 4. I deleted the trial version of 5. I also deleted several prefs files, including

com.omnigroup.OmniGrafflePro.LSSharedFileList.plis t
com.omnigroup.OmniGrafflePro.plist
com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle.plist

I use OmniGraffle infrequently, based on my client's needs, so I'm unsure of any past actions that would have corrupted these files. Last time I used them, they worked, and today, they don't!

Any thoughts? Maybe there are some other files I can delete?

I'm able to open some of my old files, just not all of them.

Probably a good first step would be to mail one or more of the recalcitrant files to omnigraffle@omnigroup.com and describe what happens.