The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New tabs or windows from bookmarks, adress bar and search box Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Omniweb alreadly allows new windows or tabs for new sites when you click a link in a page, and I was wondering if something simular could exist for the adress bar, search bar and bookmarks.

I second this. It would be very nice to open a bookmark in a new tab with command-click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexes
Omniweb alreadly allows new windows or tabs for new sites when you click a link in a page, and I was wondering if something simular could exist for the adress bar, search bar and bookmarks.
Yes, I'd like to be able to have new tabs opened for the search bar and bookmarks. Entering a new address into the addressbar should, I think, reuse the tab, but otherwise: new tab.

This out to be an option, if you don't want to have the address bar do it it's cool. But for me, everything should be new! Muhuhaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luomat
Yes, I'd like to be able to have new tabs opened for the search bar and bookmarks. Entering a new address into the addressbar should, I think, reuse the tab, but otherwise: new tab.
FYI, for bookmarks simply command or command-shift click them to open in new tabs.

yep... also in the address bar just instead of pressing return use cmd-return and it will open in a new tab. As for the search bar, I don't know why anyone would bother with it when you have the shortcuts like "g something" for google. It's so quick to get up to the location bar with cmd-L and then you can have shortcuts for all sorts of searches (e.g. I have wikipedia, google, google images, imdb etc.).

In fact, the ease of making new search shortcuts is one of the killer features of OW in my opinion.