The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

learning from Mori and TAO Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
A couple of things are preventing me from using OmniOutliner Pro and never looking back. First of all, clones, which I hope are coming soon.

But less obviously, I like having "date modified" being automatically created, so I can sort my outline and easily see recent updates. Also, when sorting, Mori allows you to do it non-destructively by simply clicking on a column name to switch between ascending/descending/original order. As far as I can tell, Omni can't do that -- I find this useful, I don't want to be limited to sorting by alphabetical or column criteria, I might want to rank things by importance or convenience without using a column to do it.

Finally, a feature wish that is not available anywhere yet, is using tags to create categories instead of columns. This is promised in a future version of Mori. Just like all those bookmarking sites, this seems a better way (in some cases at least) to categorize things instead of creating many columns. How that would be dealt with in the UI, I'm not sure. Something to consider.

I didn't mention TAO, but it has a lot of cool power features as well, although a hideous UI. I think it will be a lot easier for Omni to incorporate some of these features, than for others to copy Omni's superior interface and style/output options. So please add all conceivable outlining features in the next version. Thanks...:D