The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find as you Type support Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
We do support type-to-find links. Just make sure the web page is the "key" view and that it doesn't have javascript key handlers (like Gmail does) and you should be able to type "l" and have it take you to the first link with an "l" in the text of the link.

So right now this works with links - but would it be possible to expand this (possibly with an option under preferences) so it would include the rest of the text as well?

I used to use this feature all the time in Camino, since I read a lot of online articles - and here it comes in extremely handy.... Just selecting links is not really useful to me.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kga1978 View Post
So right now this works with links - but would it be possible to expand this (possibly with an option under preferences) so it would include the rest of the text as well?
I would love this feature as well.

John

Now that 5.7 is on its way, may we expect this feature to make it through the final 5.7 version?

hi its 5.8 now
i hope for a sensitive search as well
and i would like to see the search to be includet into the design (sorry when i miss the setting for this.. couldn't find it) - i search a lot and its nothing more anoying like an extra popup you have to click in.

A proper working search would look like this (for me):
CMD F - type in your search word (you don't have to click anywhere - cursor is in search field) - search highlights instantly all found phrases - hit return to get the next result

The new Safari 3.2 search (as you type + highlight all occurences) is really nice ; I would love to have in on OW.

Cheers !

N.