The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Actions of on hold projects are 'Available' in planning mode Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I wanted to find out if others would want to join my cause for an enhancement request that would:

- Filter out actions (in the main outline) belonging to on-hold projects or SALs when Available is set as a project filter in the main outline of planning mode.

I realize that by I can hide on hold projects by setting the sidebar filter to Active, but sometimes when I'm working the sidebar filter is set to All Projects, but I want to ad hoc hide all actions of on hold projects or SALS in planning mode by choosing the Available filter. However the actions of on hold parents are considered available, and not filtered out. What I'm rallying for is that actions of on hold parents should not be visible if Available is set in the main outline.

Bob

Last edited by omnibob; 2009-06-17 at 03:43 PM..

Just to clarify, the "Project filter" and the "Sidebar Filter" are the same thing; the one on the left hand side of the screen. The filter on the right side applies to actions, not the project.

If you're getting actions in an On Hold project or Single Action list to appear when the Available actions filter is selected, that's a bug.

I've got some test projects set up that way, and the actions are hidden. Send info - screenshots, maybe - to the support ninjas on what you've got and we can write that up.

Last edited by Brian; 2009-06-17 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: add info on results of testing

Thanks for correcting my terms (I need to keep that OF system graphic handy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
If you're getting actions in an On Hold project or Single Action list to appear when the Available actions filter is selected, that's a bug.
That is what is happening indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I've got some test projects set up that way, and the actions are hidden. Send info - screenshots, maybe - to the support ninjas on what you've got and we can write that up.
I already have a case open with a screen snap. I think I confused the ninjas early on by referring to Active when I meant Available, but I followed up saying that. Thanks a lot.

Bob

Great - thanks!

I was quite puzzled by the initial report, but sure enough, every single one of my on hold projects that has any actions assigned will show the next action(s) with the action filter set to available or next action. Demonstrating it with the default database was easy enough, too. Just set the Learn More about Getting Things Done project to be on hold, select On Hold projects in the sidebar filter, Available actions, and there they are...