The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Single-action list/next actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was under the impression that all the items on a single-action list are supposed to be next actions. Am I wrong here?

I'm looking right now at a single-action list with nine actions on it. If I set the "availability" filter to "Available," they are all visible. If I set it to "Next Action," they are all hidden.

If i set the Status filter to "Any Status," the very first action on that list is undated, uncompleted, and isn't blocking anything else.

If I set the Projects Filter to "Stalled," nothing shows up.

So what gives here?

Sorry for the trouble this is causing! Things are meant to work as you describe, so don't give up hope yet. :-)

When I added a new single-action list to my database, then put nine items on the list, I was able to switch between Remaining, Available, and Next Action availability filters and see all the items in all three cases.

That said, I didn't add any start dates, due dates, or even contexts to those single action items - maybe one of those fields are the reason why your project is behaving differently than mine?

Our support folks have headed home for the evening, but if you send an email or call 800.315.6664 in the morning, they'll be happy to help sort this out. Sorry again for the trouble!