The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Force to open link in a new tab Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sometimes happen that OW opens a link using a new window even if the options say "new tab" :)

Are you running sp10? This was a known bug that appears to have been fixed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Release Notes
Command-clicking a link will now follow the setting for this action in the "Tab & Window" preference pane.

It would be nice to trap "target=blank" links into new tabs, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam
It would be nice to trap "target=blank" links into new tabs, too.
Those are typically links to other sites, which there is an option for.

That's not what I meant. I mean what some browsers call "single-window" mode. Where no hyperlink will open more windows, unless called by javascript (for pop-ups).

Quote:
That's not what I meant. I mean what some browsers call "single-window" mode. Where no hyperlink will open more windows, unless called by javascript (for pop-ups).
Guess I'm confused. Is 'trap "target=blank" links into new tabs' not what you meant?

Tab, window... whatever's in the prefs. However, links with target=blank ignore the setting and open a new browser window. This is what I'm trying to avoid.

I would like all my links to either open in the existing window or a new tab, depending on my prefs -- and NEVER spawn a new window.

Quote:
I would like all my links to either open in the existing window or a new tab, depending on my prefs -- and NEVER spawn a new window.
We introduced a new hidden setting in sneaky peek 5 which does this, though there are some issues with this feature (e.g., it's hard to pick a right answer with respect to JavaScript's requests to size the window). See http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=141 for details.

Last edited by Ken Case; 2006-05-11 at 07:00 AM..