The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please add the ability to Export selected canvases Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The Export menu has options for
  • Current Selection
  • All Objects
  • Specific Region
  • Current Canvas
  • Entire Document

But when you select multiple canvases in the Canvas sidebar, "Current Selection" is greyed out in the Export menu. When I want to create a PDF containing a selection of canvases (often), I'm forced to export the entire document, then delete the unwanted canvases in Preview, then re-save.

I'm sure you'll agree this is a much-needed feature.

And please, please, please, in your next beta, add canvas numbers to the Canvas sidebar. Make it a hidden preference if you must.

The problem here is, that you can copy only one canvas to the clipboard. For one canvas there is a simple solution to create a PDF. You only have to copy a canvas in the canvas sidebar or a canvas or a part of the canvas in the main canvas area. Then got to Preview/File/New from Clipboard and you have created the PDF, ready for saving or producing a second or next one, to copy that new PDF to the first PDF.

So the Easy solution could be, to allow to copay multiple canvases to create a PDF at once – at least in preview.

Rainer

If you're going to PDF and each canvas is one page only, you can select your canvases, and then print them from the File Menu, and print to PDF from there.

We do have an existing feature request for exporting selected canvases (or a range of them), and I've linked this thread to the entry in our tracking database for it.

Waiting for this featrue very much!