The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unable to synchronize database with server. [Root Transaction Error] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I recently started receiving this sync error on all my clients Mac and iPhone. I made no changes to my hosting (A2 Hosting).

Did a recent change in one of the 1.7 sneaky peaks cause the problem? I am still able to access my host via WebDav.

Error:

Unable to synchronize database with server.

Unable to read document.

No root transactions found in “https://www.mydomain.com:2078/OmniFo...Focus.ofocus/”.

Your database on the server seems to be corrupt per the "No root transactions found" message. Contact the support ninjas, Help → Send Feedback, and they'll set you straight.

Curt

Chad, sorry for the inconvenience! We'll be happy to investigate what's going on here. Not aware of any bugs in 1.7 which could cause this, but that just means that we haven't found any yet. :-)

In the meantime, you can work around the problem using the steps in this forum post, even though you're using a different WebDAV provider.

Just skip the steps that aren't relevant to the folder structure that your host uses. (No need to move things into a Backup folder, for example.)

Thanks for the responses. I had a good backup so I just deleted the .ofocus file from my webdav server and re-sync'd.

Everything is back up and running now! Thanks!