The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Loooong wait for some Favorites menus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I seem to recall that Favorites menus performed a lot like application menus -- click the menu name, and a moment later the menu appeared.

For the past several weeks, my Favorites menus have been performing very erratically -- sometimes they appear relatively quickly, but more often than not, clicking a Favorites name highlights the name and nothing other than a beachball happens for 30-60 seconds. I just had a menu take about 2 minutes to appear.

Short menus (e.g., 10-12 bookmarks) are OK. But most of my menus have 50-100+ bookmarks nested 2-3 folders deep.

My RSS menu, currently with 9 feeds, is especially sluggish.

Are others experiencing sloooow Favorties menus?

Yes, my solution was to Disable "Page Icons"

Preferences > General > Page Icons : Disable (uncheck) "Show Page Icons offered by websites"

This significantly improved my launch times which often incurred a 30+sec delay penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayon
Yes, my solution was to Disable "Page Icons"
Bingo! That's it!

All of my Favorites menus are now nearly instantaneous, even the most verbose.

The page icons are nice eye candy, but way too fattening.