The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

5.7 95625 unreported crash Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Running 10.5.1 on a Rev 1 MBP 17", 2.16 GHz, 2MB RAM.

Yesterday, a short time after installing OW 5.7 v. 95625 I clicked on a link in an email to get an update of a web template -- http://theturninggate.net/blog/adobe...imbox-template -- which loaded fine, but when I clicked on the download button, although the download was handed over to SpeedDownload without problem OW crashed and the crash-catcher came up. However:
(1) When I clicked on the crash-catcher window button to send the report, the window closed but CrashCatcher was still running and I had to do a force-quit. I was not taken to my email app.
(2) I had to force quit OW as it didn't exit.
The result seems to be that no report was sent. Is there any way I can recover crash info if it would help.

Mark

I don't think so unfortunately. When our crash catcher "catches" the crash it intercepts the report and it doesn't get filed into "~/Logs/CrashReporter/". So if crash catcher fails then we're probably out of luck.

If this crash appears again though, you might try copying it out of CrashCatcher and paste it into an email to us manually if the catcher fails again.

Thanks. If I have another crash, I'll do that just in case the Crash-Catcher crashes again. But I have to say, this was only the second crash I can reckon this year. :)

Mark