The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Some kind of "Undo" needed for peace of mind Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Some feedback and recommendations for making a great app even better:

I have a few times accidentally managed to delete actions and information that I did not intend to delete. This has happened to me in two different situations, typically when I am in a hurry. Loosing information this way of course does not contribute to peace of mind!

Situation 1: I have at least twice performed a sweep and delete for actions no longer needed, and discovered immediately afterwards that I was too quick and must have swiped the action above or below instead, with no clue as to which action now disappeared...

Situation 2: When entering new actions with detailed information, I have several times erronously clicked on "Cancel" before saving the action, and have had to reenter. I have found this "user error" to be due to a slight inconsistency in the UI. When I add information to an existing action, I press "Save" when finished and then "Inbox" to return to the inbox list. However, when I add detailed information to a newly created action, by navigating to the details window before pressing Save, I have to remember to press Save twice before clicking on "Inbox" to return to the Inbox. Often, when in a hurry, I forget this, and press "Save" + "Cancel" instead...

Recommendation: Instead of inventing or cluttering the UI with some non-standard Undo capability, another option might be to keep all recently deleted (or canceled) information in a Waste Basket or Recently Deleted list for some period.

BR,
Einar

P.S. Along with a Recently Deleted list, I would also greatly appreciate getting a list or Log of Completed Actions in the iPhone app (I donīt have the Mac app yet), preferably with time stamps. This way I can track what I did during a day, and also easily review information attached to completed actions, without having to change settings and browse by Projects.

Feature request filed for safety net to catch recently deleted/cancelled items.

Feature request filed for new perspective logging recently completed actions.