The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Toolbar Search Field feature request Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Greetings,

Great work on 5.5, SP 15 has been very stable for me.
I have a long standing request that I didn't see mentioned in the forum (i think).

When browsing in a Tab, I often will do a google search in the Toolbar while wanting to remain in the current Tab. In Safari/Webkit, and Camino I can enter a term in the Toolbar search field and do a "hold command+hit return" keystroke to open the results in a new background Tab. This seems more fluid to me than OmniWeb's current method which forces you to Open a new Tab and then execute the Toolbar search as separate actions.

This would be a great addition to OmniWeb, Is it possible that this will appear when a newer version of webkit is incorporated into 5.5?

Thanks!

I'd never tried that before, but that does seem very intuitive. I mostly use the search shortcuts through the normal address bar to do all my searching, and the command-return trick works there just fine. So for example, to do a Google search for iPod, I'll type "g iPod" into the address field and do command-return. So, in the meantime, perhaps that method would work for you as well.

Great idea!