The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus-Mail Links Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolie21
Yes, but for some reason the script menu doesn't appear in the omnifocus menu bar. It appears in finder, browsers, everywhere else, just not in OF...
Are you running on a smallish display with lots of "menu bar widgets" on the right side?

If there isn't enough room to show all menu items and all menu bar widgets, then Mac OS hides some of the widgets. OF has a fairly wide menu bar.

I wondered about that. I'm on my PB at the moment, will have to wait until I am back on the 23" later to get the wider view. Is there no way to show 'hidden' items then?

Hi,

I tried just this script. It is great. Finally the end of the copy paste from Mail to OF.
However, I get some problems with the "Open Linked Mail Messages" script. It does not only take ages the first time I run it, but also the second time and mail is not responding in the mean time at all.
The CPU load remains reasonable, but the disk activity is very high and is slowing down of course the entire machine.

Do you have any idea, what I could do to make that work?

Cheers

Mario

Hi,

I use MAil Act-On with this great script. Perfect to have just a keyboard shortcut to get your mail into OF.

Would be nice to be able to make rules where a context and or a project could be assigned right away when running the script. That would be a better capturing process and would speed up the emptying the Inbox in OF later.

Cheers

Mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario.Batz@cern.ch
I tried just this script. It is great. Finally the end of the copy paste from Mail to OF.
However, I get some problems with the "Open Linked Mail Messages" script. It does not only take ages the first time I run it, but also the second time and mail is not responding in the mean time at all.
The CPU load remains reasonable, but the disk activity is very high and is slowing down of course the entire machine.

Do you have any idea, what I could do to make that work?
Mario,

I'm glad you like the scripts. The slowness stems from having to search all mailboxes for the message if it has been moved. If you create the OmniFocus link after filing the message in mail, then the link back will be faster. This is because the appropriate mailbox is known. I think Mail Act-On would facilitate this, but don't know for sure.

(This doesn't apply when using the script as part of a Mail rule. In that case, Mail doesn't provide the script with the mailbox of the message, so we always have to search all mailboxes on the first link-back.)

If any other Mail scripters out there known how to speed this up, I'd appreciate suggestions.

Cheers,

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
Mario,
If any other Mail scripters out there known how to speed this up, I'd appreciate suggestions.

Cheers,

Curt
Great work Curt, and I've found my script icon now....

Unfortunately I don't know anything about Mail scripting, but what you have described must be possible, because it is implemented in iGTD. There is a lightning fast link back even if you subsequently move the email to another folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolie21
Unfortunately I don't know anything about Mail scripting, but what you have described must be possible, because it is implemented in iGTD. There is a lightning fast link back even if you subsequently move the email to another folder.
Aha, a clue!

Off to download iGTD and see what's what...

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
Aha, a clue!

Off to download iGTD and see what's what...
Hmm, nothing to learn from the scripts in iGTD. The only stuff done in scripts is the Mail-to-iGTD half of the equation. The rest is embedded in the compiled code.

coolie21, do you have MailTags installed by chance?

Is there any chance to implement the following feature?

- if you have MailTags installed, and write a note and select 'show note as subject line"
- the script would them pick up "Follow up on WORDS IN THE NOTE"

This would be immensely helpful to me, as people often send emails with very poor subject lines. It doesn't help a lot to have "follow up on Re:re:fw:Update".

Dear all,

I have a problem downloading Curt's scripts. The link to the attachment (yes, the most recent one) only pops up a vBulletin form asking for credentials, but no dice (even with a correct password). Other attachments work fine for me.

Curt,

would you consider re-posting this thing?

Kind regards,

Klaus