The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Nearby" Contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In addition to "nearby" based on absolute/search location, wouldn't it be fun to have additional ways of associating contexts with the "here and now"?

Examples:
- when on the phone to a contact, make it easy to show the agenda tasks for that person (associate a context with the contact/phone number)
- associate contexts with discovered bluetooth devices, e.g. when the bluetooth device "Brian's iPhone" is discovered, include the Context "Agenda:Brian" in the "nearby" list. Most useful for "relative" locations, but the mechanism could also be used as an absolute location detector (e.g. Office=bluetooth device "MyKeyboard") if other positioning mechanisms don't work there.
- other ideas?

Ability to designate a Context as "Always Nearby". e.g. my Phone Context should always be Nearby if I'm using OF iPhone on my iPhone and I'm asking about what I can do "near" here.

I would like to second the suggestion for the "phone" location. I'm pretty heavily oriented towards working my tasks based on location, and the location contexts look very useful (just starting to demo the app).

We definately need a way to say "when using this phone", or "when on my mac" and have it detect when you are doing either of those things. I have a load of stuff in an "online" context, which could be any time I'm at home (or elsewhere) on my mac, or on a train (or elsewhere) with my iPhone.

I also have a hard time with having a context like @ "Phone" since that is everywhere. I also have a hard time with actions taht don't require a context, like "think about if I really want to buy a iPhone 3G." Any ideas how to solve this "anywhere" context?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie0000 View Post
I also have a hard time with having a context like @ "Phone" since that is everywhere. I also have a hard time with actions taht don't require a context, like "think about if I really want to buy a iPhone 3G." Any ideas how to solve this "anywhere" context?
A 'me' context would both be true, and easy to type. That's the best I got. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie0000 View Post
"think about if I really want to buy a iPhone 3G." Any ideas how to solve this "anywhere" context?
"My brain" ;)

I love all of these suggestions, especially being able to tell OF you are in your "office" by the proximity to a keyboard or a specific wifi network or something. I would also love to associate an action with a contact in my addressbook. Having the iphone tell me when they are actually near would be amazing! Has anyone submitted these as a product request?