The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cannot use iTunes to sync iPhone with Mac when OF is installed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
First the good news: After installing Omnifocus onto my iPhone, Omnifocus wirelessly downloads the Omnifocus database from MobileMe (takes about 10-15 minutes) and I can edit any copy of my task lists (on my Mac or on my iPhone) and wirelessly synchronize with the Mobile Me server data. Those parts work great.

However, I can no longer sync my iPhone with my Mac using the USB cable and iTunes. The iPhone/Mac synchonization is neccesary to update my photo and audio data. When Omnifocus is installed on my iPhone, connecting the iPhone directly to my Mac causes the iTunes synchronization process to get stuck forever. iTunes never gets through backing up my iPhone data to my Mac. Either I get a "barber poll" which never disappears, or I get a status progress bar that gets partially done, then never moves forward.

How do I get iTunes to backup my iPhone as it previously did? (and consequently proceed with synchronizinzing audio and image files)

I've tried installing/uninstalling Omnifocus 3 times, always with the same problem. (although the point where the synchronization gets stuck is always slightly different)

Incidentally, immediately after I remove Omnifocus from my iPhone, I can synchronize my iPhone with my Mac with no problems.

Any suggestions?

-- Bill

Do you have iDisk syncing turned on in mobile me?
If so, try turning it off.

I also have quite a few problems with my iPhone staying connected to iTunes.

Sometimes it will just disconnect and iTunes will give me an error like, trouble reading from the device.

I never attributed this to OmniFocus. It's probably an iTunes/iPhone Apple issue.

Backups may take longer using OmniFocus.